What Type of Insurance Do Certified Texas Arborists Need When Working on Trees?

When it comes to tree care, it's essential to make sure that the professional you hire is properly insured. There are two types of insurance coverage that certified Texas arborists should have: general liability and workers' compensation. Without these two types of insurance, you could be left footing the bill if an accident occurs. General liability insurance helps cover tree service in the event of damage as a result of their work.

This means that you would be compensated for any losses, regardless of the financial status of the tree service. Workers' compensation insurance is legally required for logging companies and is intended to protect you from financial losses in the event of an accident. If a tree care company does not have workers' compensation coverage, you could be liable for any medical bills, lost wages, and other costs associated with an injury. The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certifies municipal specialists who have additional experience in the specialized area of urban trees.

To ensure your protection, it's important to hire a certified arborist who is in good standing with the ISA and has both general liability and workers' compensation insurance.

Leave a Comment

All fileds with * are required